The Global Security Institute endeavors to consistently provide relevant, insightful communications to advance the rule of law, the moral imperative to ensure a sustainable future and the elimination of nuclear weapons. We hope you find this material of value.
June 7 , 2007, No. 2.
In this communiqué:
- GSI Policy Brief: “Advancing a Cooperative Security Regime in Outer Space,” GSI Program Officer Rhianna Tyson, May 2007.
- Analysis by MPI Chairman Hon. Douglas Roche, O.C.,”A New US Government Could Be the Bright Light in a Bleak Nuclear Arms Future,” Embassy, May 2, 2007.
- “Cooperative Security,” presentation to ambassadors and representatives to the Organization of American States, by GSI President Jonathan Granoff: March 15, 2007, Washington, DC.
- “Weaponization of Outer Space,” Panel presentation at the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty PrepCom, by BSG Director Robert Grey, Jr.: May 9, 2007, Vienna, Austria.
- Book: “War in Heaven: The Arms Race in Outer Space,” by GSI Development Director Craig Eisendrath and Dr. Helen Caldicott, The New Press: 2007.
- Book: “Spy Satellites and Other Intelligence Technologies That Changed History,” by BSG Chairman Thomas Graham, Jr. and Keith A. Hansen, University of Washington Press: 2007.
- “Legal Foundations and Essential Treaty Elements for a System of Common Security in Outer Space,” an analysis by Dr. Detlev Wolter, published by GSI: April 6, 2007.
- “A Comprehensive Approach to Nuclear Disarmament,” presentation to the European Parliament by MPI Steering Committee member Xanthe Hall, April 19, 2007.
For more information, contact [email protected]