An Appeal for Our Future
from Ambassador Thomas Graham, Jr.
December 23, 2013
- influence policies in the world’s most powerful nations;
- build bridges where there are walls, such as those between Russia and the United States, and especially those in the Middle East;
- build coalitions of nations to ensure the stability of the nuclear nonproliferation regime;
- bring parliamentarians from around the world to Washington, DC, to advance the elimination of nuclear weapons;
- advance the end of nuclear testing;
- strengthen moral, diplomatic, and legal advocacy for the elimination of nuclear weapons;
- build coalitions and advance cooperative efforts with other leading civil society organizations such as the Nobel Peace Laureate Summits, the World Academy of Art and Science, the American Bar Association, the United Religions Initiative, and the Middle Powers Initiative.
GSI will help redefine security based on shared international interests and advance the rule of law. We will keep the compass point of achieving the peace and security of a nuclear weapon-free world in the center of the debate. GSI’s mission is critical and its programs effective. Governments cannot do this existentially important work alone. GSI cannot do its part without you doing your part. Please be generous in ensuring the success of our efforts. Nothing less than the future of the planet is at stake. Your monetary investment will be amplified by passion, professionalism, and dedication.
Ambassador Thomas Graham, Jr.